Seting up Static Maps to show Satellite and Terrain

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Seting up Static Maps to show Satellite and Terrain

Post  Admin on Thu May 27, 2010 11:11 am

Here is how you can setup GCzII to download Satellite and Terrain maps.

Go into the windows regestry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/NICQUE/GCzII/REG_STATIC_MAP_TYPE_xxxxx). Each of the 6 map sizes can be set. Set each registry value as follows: 0=street, 1=satalitte, and 2=Terrain.
If you don't have a Reg Editor on your phone, you should realy get one. I use PHM RegEdit. It works great. There are also some good ones that you install on your PC and do the edit via USB. That is good if you are at home, but I like to do things on the go.

I have my maps set so that the huge and large map is the street view as zoom levels 12 and 14. Then my middle and small maps are terrain at zoom levles 13 and 15 Finaly, my Pinpoint and Pinpoint 2 maps are the satalitte views at zoom levels 16 and 19. (there seems to be a problem is two maps are set to the same zoome level, so avoid doing that.

Admin
Admin

http://gczii.newstarforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Seting up Static Maps to show Satellite and Terrain

Post  redhockey on Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:35 pm

For not wanting to sound thick? static maps? can you help me out with what I must be missing out on please?
I can currently see static map settings, but not sure what I gain until Tom sends a new version out?

If there an instruction book somewhere on how to get the best of all the hidden gems Tom has made in GCzII? Question

Thanks

using HTC Snap wm6.5

redhockey

Back to top Go down

Post  Andronicus on Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:41 pm

Not quite sure what you are asking. I will try to answer though

You are kind of correct. We realy need Tom's update! If you are a primium member, you can also import GPX files. That will keep you going for now.

Static maps are great for if you don't have a data connection when in the filed, either because you are out of cell range, or you don't have a good data plan. You can download static maps before you head out, while you still have access to data.

At the bottom of the cache description you can see some un downloaded pictures. Those are the static maps. By clicking on them, you will download the static map from google.

You can also automaticaly download them when you download all caches in a cache list. But for that you will have to wait for Tom's update.

Andronicus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top