Another Downtime of GC.com

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another Downtime of GC.com

Post  pingu-net on Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:28 pm

What if read on GC's Homepage:

As Groundspeak and Geocaching.com have grown, the demands on our production network infrastructure have increased significantly. As a result, on Tuesday December 14, 2010 at 8:00 PM PST (GMT -Cool, we will be performing a number of major upgrades to our production network. These upgrades include a new network design as well as new hardware to help increase the performance, scalability, and security of the network.

We're estimating that the downtime may take up to 6 hours, and during that time, all Groundspeak sites and services including Geocaching.com, the Groundspeak Forums, Pocket Queries, Geocaching Mobile Applications, and other 3rd party applications that access our API will be inaccessible.

While we're giving ourselves a 6 hour window to cover anything unexpected that might come up, we'll be doing everything possible to minimize the downtime and are confident that we'll have the site back up much sooner.

Thanks,
Elias

pingu-net

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Downtime of GC.com

Post  Admin on Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:41 pm

I saw that too. I think it is going to have some realy cool updates, but I suspect it will frag GCzII. If the "Favorits" system is implemented, I hope Tom can integrate that into GCzII!

Admin
Admin

http://gczii.newstarforum.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum