Compass functionality

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Compass functionality

Post  pingu-net on Sat May 29, 2010 7:05 am

More and more mobiles are equipped with an built in digital compass. It would be great if GCzII would support this functionality.

pingu-net

Back to top Go down

Re: Compass functionality

Post  JessiJoerg on Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:07 am

Search for "GPSModDriver" in XDA. There you'll find a working Driver, that combines Compass and GPS onto one signal for your device.

Setting in GPSModDriver
I use "walking" profile and set in "To Insert Speed & Course" Minimum Speed to "50", so i use the compass under 5 kph and GPS above this speed.
Advantage is, using externally GPS and internally, depending on what is available. Just go into "Ports" and activate the Ceckbox for your external GPS COM (normally COM2 in HD2) and use a lower "Order" number than for "MsAPI" and "COM4" - which is internally GPS in HD2.
Set "Port Scan Modus" to "Never Scan".

Setting in GCzII
Than you set your GPS Setting in GCzII to COM3 (normally GPSModDrivers output) and you have it working.
If external GPX is online, nothing ist to do. If it is ofline, WindowsMobile asks for Bluetooth. Continue and GPSModDriver goes to the next device in "Ports" "Order".

If you better speak german, I could explain better, because I'm german too.
JessiJoerg

Back to top Go down

Post  Andronicus on Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:56 am

That is realy cool. I have been thinking that there should be an automated way to switch GPSr. Feel free to post this in the German forum (in German of course).

PS, the German in the title of the German forum was generated using google translate. Sorry if I mertalized it!

Andronicus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum